The House Select Committee on Benghazi have released their 800 page report. Go here to links for the sections of the report. Working in the law mines all day, I have not yet had an opportunity to read the report. Here are the key findings from people who have read it:
- The State Department under Hillary Clinton continually ignored requests for beefed up security for our diplomats in Libya.
- There was no attempt, no attempt, to send any military assets to our men fighting in Benghazi. They were left on their own. This, at best, was criminal negligence.
- In the four years since the attack, only one of the hundreds of terrorists involved has been brought to justice. Obama’s pledge that he would seek out and punish the terrorists was empty hot air.
- Subsequent to the attack the administration engaged in a conspiracy to mislead the American public by portraying this carefully coordinated terrorist attack as a riot over some anti-Islamic film by an obscure filmmaker.
- The Administration has stonewalled the investigation since it commenced.
Hillary Clinton is touting her foreign policy credentials in her campaign for President. I am sure that Benghazi demonstrates precisely how Hillary Clinton would deal with a crisis if she should become President. Last word to the family members of the Benghazi dead: