Advisor: And so far, the only negative thing we’ve found is from some guy who dated her when she was sixteen.
BURNS: Ah. And?
Advisor 3: He, uh, he felt her up.
BURNS: Bah! Not good enough!
The Simpsons: Two Cars in Every Garbage and Three Eyes on Every Fish (1990)
Well, the attempted high tech lynching of Judge Brett Kavanaugh proceeds apace. His anonymous accuser has come forward. She is Christine Blasey Ford, a Professor of Clinical Psychology at Palo Alto University in California. Here is the letter she wrote to Senator Feinstein:
July 30 2018
Senator Dianne Feinstein
Dear Senator Feinstein;
I am writing with information relevant in evaluating the current nominee to the Supreme Court.
As a constituent, I expect that you will maintain this as confidential until we have further opportunity to speak.
Brett Kavanaugh physically and sexually assaulted me during high school in the early 1980’s. He conducted these acts with the assistance of REDACTED.
Both were one to two years older than me and students at a local private school.
The assault occurred in a suburban Maryland area home at a gathering that included me and four others.
Kavanaugh physically pushed me into a bedroom as I was headed for a bathroom up a short stair well from the living room. They locked the door and played loud music precluding any successful attempt to yell for help.
Kavanaugh was on top of me while laughing with REDACTED, who periodically jumped onto Kavanaugh. They both laughed as Kavanaugh tried to disrobe me in their highly inebriated state. With Kavanaugh’s hand over my mouth I feared he may inadvertently kill me.
From across the room a very drunken REDACTED said mixed words to Kavanaugh ranging from “go for it” to “stop.”
At one point when REDACTED jumped onto the bed the weight on me was substantial. The pile toppled, and the two scrapped with each other. After a few attempts to get away, I was able to take this opportune moment to get up and run across to a hallway bathroom. I locked the bathroom door behind me. Both loudly stumbled down the stair well at which point other persons at the house were talking with them. I exited the bathroom, ran outside of the house and went home.
I have not knowingly seen Kavanaugh since the assault. I did see REDACTED once at the REDACTED where he was extremely uncomfortable seeing me.
I have received medical treatment regarding the assault. On July 6 I notified my local government representative to ask them how to proceed with sharing this information . It is upsetting to discuss sexual assault and its repercussions, yet I felt guilty and compelled as a citizen about the idea of not saying anything.
I am available to speak further should you wish to discuss. I am currently REDACTED and will be in REDACTED.
In confidence, REDACTED.
A few observations:
1. She told no one about this at the time this allegedly occurred. No complaint was made to the police.
2. She does not recall the date, other than it occurred sometime in the early 1980’s.
3. She cannot recall the address of the house.
4. She first mentions this when she and her husband were in couples therapy in 2012.
5. The notes of the counselor indicate that four boys were involved and no mention is made of the name Kavanaugh. (Ford claims that the counselor was mistaken and her husband says that she mentioned the name of Kavanaugh at the time.)
6. On the date of the incident she claims to have drunk only one beer, but she can’t recall how she got home that evening.
7. She scrubbed her social media postings prior to coming forward. Apparently she is a Democrat, contributed to Bernie Sanders in 2016 and has been a critic of the Trump administration.
8. She claims that writer Mark Judge, a friend of Kavanaugh was present. He denies that what she is alleging is true.
9. Her parents were involved in a foreclosure action in 1996, as the Defendants, in Maryland case 156006V . The Judge on the case was Martha Kavanaugh, the mother of Brett Kavanaugh. The case was dismissed by the Plaintiff early in 1997.
||02/04/1997 Docket Number: 10
||Ruling Status: Granted
||KAVANAUGH, MARTHA G
||ORDER OF COURT (KAVANAUGH, J./RICE, M.) THAT THE VOLUNTARY MOTION TO DISMISS IS HEREBY GRANTED WITH PREJUDICE AND THAT THE BOND FILED BY HARRY J. KELLY AS TRUSTEE SHALL BE RELEASED AND RETURNED FILED. (COPIES MAILED (
Needless to say this is a very weak accusation. However, we are currently engaged in a national hysteria called the Me Too movement, and the Democrats will attempt to use this to torpedo the Kavanaugh nomination. Failing that they will use this as a campaign issue against the Republicans, part of their War on Women meme. That the reputation of a very good man will be dragged through the mud over an allegation that gives every sign of being false is of course of no consequence to them.