Maureen Dowd wrote a column last month in which she compared, tongue in cheek, Obama to Mr. Spock from Star Trek. Jeff Greenwald of Salon also sees a resemblance between Chicago’s “gift” to the country and the first officer of the Enterprise. Bill Whittle of Pajamas Media, takes great joy in informing us in a very entertaining video here why having an intellectual in the mode of Mr. Spock as president is very bad for the nation.
Ten ways in which Obama is like Spock.
1. Both lack much in the way of a discernible sense of humor.
2. Both Spock and Obama consider themselves outsiders.
3. Both have hordes of cultish fans.
4. Both seem to think societies can get along without money, as opposed to government “credits” created out of thin air.
5. Both seem to be surrounded by less intelligent white guys: Veep meet Ensign Chehkov.
6. Both can speak in phrases that lead to MEGO.
7. Both had strained relationships with fathers who they idolized.
10. Both have to maintain high ratings to complete their missions, which is to boldly go—somewhere?
A post in which I can combine Star Trek and a critique of Obama. Priceless!