Father Z brings us some interesting news:
The Italian site La Nuova Bussola has learned that, in advance of the upcoming Synod of Bishops on the family, yet another “Cardinals Book” is being released.
This time, however, its the “Eleven Cardinals Book™”!
This is sure to strike terror in the hearts of the Kasperites!
Eleven Cardinals, as the headline runs, are trying to stop the “Protestantization of the Church”.
In a way this is, but it also isn’t, a sequel to the Five Cardinals Book™, Remaining in the Truth of Christ: Marriage and Communion in the Catholic Church.
The names of the Cardinals involved:
- Carlo Caffarra, Arcivescovo di Bologna;
- Baselios Cleemis, Arcivescovo maggiore della Chiesa cattolica siro-malankarese e Presidente della Conferenza episcopale dell’India;
- Paul Josef Cordes, Presidente emerito del Consiglio pontificio «Cor Unum»;
- Dominik Duka, O.P., Arcivescovo di Praga, Primate di Boemia;
- Willem Jacobus Eijk, Arcivescovo di Utrecht;
- Joachim Meisner, Arcivescovo emerito di Colonia;
- John Olorunfemi Onaiyekan, Arcivescovo di Abuja (Nigeria);
- Antonio Maria Rouco Varela, Arcivescovo emerito di Madrid;
- Camillo Ruini, Vicario generale emerito di Sua Santità per la Diocesi di Roma;
- Robert Sarah, Prefetto della Congregazione per il culto divino e la disciplina dei sacramenti;
- Jorge Liberato Urosa Savino, Arcivescovo di Caracas, Santiago de Venezuela
The editor is the German professor of Canon Law Winfried Aymans, at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität in Munich.
It seems that Cardinals and only Cardinals are the writers. I am pleased to see Card. Sarah in the list, as well as Caffarra.
It doesn’t say anything concrete about the publisher. It doesn’t mention the title. It doesn’t say anything about the languages, though given that this is in an Italian site we can assume Italian is – at least – one of the languages.
The Five Cardinals Book (which everyone ought to have, especially every priest and bishop) came out simultaneously in five languages. HERE
Also, in the same Bussola piece there is a hint that another book is coming with contributions of 11 bishops and cardinals… all Africans!
You can guess what side of the marriage and the sodomy issues they will be on!
Go here to read the comments. For those opposed to the plans of the powers that be at the Vatican it is easy to feel that you are alone. You are not.