Dave Griffey at Daffey Thoughts predicts the reaction of the usual suspects to the jihadist attack in San Bernardino:
Of course, it looks like terrorism. But since 9/11, we’ve learned that terrorism is tough to pin in America. When Muslims attacked Paris it was terrorism. It was also thoughts and prayers. But here, where Liberalism is fighting on the front lines of global domination, there can be no such niceties or common sense appraisals.
Now, I’m no soothsayer or prophet. But here’s a guess. The liberal advocates will do any or all of the following in the days to come:
- Focus on gun control
- Focus on Islamaphobia
- Focus on parsing terrorism. Remember when any terrorism that wasn’t Al Qaeda wasn’t considered a big deal and we couldn’t focus on that since it wasn’t connected to 9/11? Expect the same now with Isis.
- Focus on the fact that the shooters were not Syrian refugees
- Appeal to rambling interviews in which we ask things like ‘does it even matter why it happened?’ (as opposed to things like the Charleston shooting or the Tuscon shooting), or just rambled about saying incoherent things about stuff and things
- And in all things, blame conservatives.
- But if it can’t be used to advance the gospel of the Left, expect the whole story to be gone within a week or so. If it lasts that long.
That’s just a hunch,.
BTW, it’s two days and counting over at CAEI. No prayer post or request for prayers. No mention. Nothing. I can’t begin to fathom why. Perhaps he just wants to focus on the positives of what the Faith teaches. I just hope the first post addressing it isn’t about the evils of the NRA, conservatives, gun nuts, or racist America. In short, I hope conservative blogger Mark doesn’t once again echo with almost stunning efficiency the biases and perspectives of the worst elements of the Left.
Go here to read the rest. The San Bernardino massacre slaughters quite a few sacred cows of the Left:
1. That Obama has prevented domestic jihadist attacks.
2. That we have nothing to fear from Muslim immigrants. (The wife of this duo was associated with the Red Mosque, the most radical mosque in Pakistan, and lied about her place of residence in Pakistan on her visa. So much for careful vetting of immigrants.)
3. That mass shootings are the fault of evil white men.
4. That gun control can do anything to stop mass shootings, as the weapons used were modified to be illegal under California’s stringent assault weapon ban.
5. That the police can protect us from mass shootings.
6. That gun free zones do anything except alerting human predators to the best hunting grounds for their human prey.
Watch this attack go down the memory hole of most of the media fairly swiftly.