Yesterday the Pope tweeted this gem:
Do we really want peace? Then let’s ban all weapons so we don’t have to live in fear of war.
PopeWatch will take the Pope seriously on this:
- Weapons are not the causes of wars but rather the means by which they are carried out.
- What about the admonition of Christ to his Disciples to buy swords?
- How would cops enforce the law against armed criminals?
- Presumably the Pope will now disarm the Swiss Guard.
- Would this include knives?
- Wouldn’t banning all weapons put physically weaker individuals at a grave disadvantage?
- How would the ban be implemented?
- Why didn’t Christ call for such a ban?
- Will the Pope next call for banning free will, since PopeWatch assumes that is the only way to avoid any wars in the future?
- Remember when we used to elect only grownups as Popes?