Well, it looks like Judge Brett Kavanaugh is going to be confirmed. What are the lessons we can take away?
- Democrats will go to any lengths over control of the Supreme Court. For decades the Left has enacted its agenda courtesy of the Supreme Court. Now, to enact their agenda, Leftists will have to do it the old fashioned way and win elections, and the Left hasn’t been very good at that lately.
- As if we needed further confirmation, the media is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Democrat Party.
- The far Left is increasingly violent and unhinged. Mark my words, we are not far from assassinations.
- You can be as establishment as you wish, with credentials brighter than bright, and if you are a Republican you still will always have a target on your back if you come between the Democrats and power.
- The Ford allegations were likely a set up, something that would have been quickly discovered if we still had a media actually concerned about, you know, news.
- Republicans grow a spine. (Shocking I know!) I am beginning to think that Trump is rubbing off on Republicans in Congress. Who would have thought, in their wildest nice dreams, that Lindsey Graham would be the hero, and Susan Collins the heroine, of this confirmation fight. I still can’t really believe it.
- Brett Kavanaugh saved the day. If on the date of Ford’s testimony he had come across again as Mr. Unemotional Jurist, his cause would have been lost. Instead, he came out swinging, an angry man accused of the most vile acts, and a loving husband and father sick of what his family was being put through. Until a man or woman faces the type of hell that was thrown at him, you cannot really be sure of whether you can meet the test. He did, and routed the Democrats by, in their hackneyed phrase, speaking truth to power loudly. The Democrats realized this, and that is why after the event they falsely grumbled about lack of judicial temperament. I have been around judges all my adult life, and there is no judicial temperament that covers being accused of being both a would be, and actual, rapist.
- Democrats always overplay their hand. God bless the creepy porn lawyer! His manifestly crazy sock puppet, with her absolutely no support ravings of gang rape parties that she mysteriously kept attending until she was gang raped, symbolized the over the top hysterical madness of this debacle that roused many average voters to a fury as they witnessed this high tech version of the Salem Witch Trials on their screens.
- Will Rogers used to say that he was not a member of any organized political party, he was a Democrat. I have long felt the same way about the GOP. Now the Democrats have managed to unify, temporarily no doubt, the Republicans prior to the midterms. Brilliant move Senator Feinstein.
- Credit where credit is due. Trump stuck with Kavanaugh. Any other Republican president of my lifetime, including my personal hero Ronald Reagan, would have almost certainly pulled the nomination. My criticisms of President Trump remain endless, but he does not back down from a brawl.
Update I: Justice Brett Kavanaugh has just been confirmed by the Senate.
Update II: I would like to thank the hysterical Left wing protesters who have helped fire up the Republican base for the midterms. I leave them with this closing thought from that great political strategist Conan the Barbarian: